The Cutting Edge of Patient Safety
OmniGuide Surgical’s CO2 laser technology delivers precision in difficult to reach areas, while significantly limiting collateral thermal damage. Our advanced laser technology inspires confidence with every cut, providing greater patient safety and more consistent performance than competing systems. This is truly advanced energy, built to deliver the precision and safety that your patients deserve.
CO2 laser energy delivered via a flexible fiber system exhibits greater surgical precision than monopolar and electrocautery in both cutting and coagulation modes1. Layer-by-layer dissection enables more complete disease removal and leaves underlying normal healthy tissue undamaged.
Minimized Thermal Spread
CO2 laser energy provides greater dissection capabilities with minimal to no increase in thermal damage resulting in significantly less tissue damage1,2 and no adhesion formation, immediately and throughout the healing phase.3 Studies indicate that incisions made with CO2 laser result in 10x less thermal spread than incisions made with monopolar electrosurgery. Compared with monopolar, CO2 laser shows less variability from one use to the next resulting in superior, predictable, and reliable outcomes.1
|Monopolar Electrosurgery||CO2 Laser|
Divergent Beam Technology
OmniGuide Surgical’s proprietary CO2 laser technology features a divergent beam, allowing the surgeon to easily control the tissue interaction by adjusting power settings and distance to the tissue:
- Low power far from tissue (2-6 Watts at 2-3cm) = superficial peeling
- Low power close to tissue (6-12 Watts at 0.2-0.3cm) = fine cutting
- High power far from tissue (15-20 Watts at 3-5cm) = ablation and coagulation
- High power close to tissue (12-20 Watts at 0.2-0.3cm) = precise cutting
Enhanced Access and Versatility
Our Enhanced Safety Fibers and instrumentation combine to offer improved access to difficult to reach, countered anatomy, aiding in more complete disease removal and reduced recurrence.4,5 OmniGuide Surgical’s energy delivery platform delivers an all-in-one tool for surgical efficiency. The system has the ability to provide hemostatic cutting, ablation, coagulation and blunt dissection.
How Our CO2 Laser Technology WorksCO2 lasers direct a beam of infrared light into tissue, vaporizing water to cut and coagulate tissue. Heat is transferred only a few microns beyond the target, preserving healthy adjacent tissue.
OmniGuide Surgical’s technology allows the surgeon to operate with confidence near delicate anatomy by providing minimally invasive access, precise and predictable tissue interaction, and the micron-level thermal spread of CO2 laser energy.
- Bailey A, Lancerotto L, Gargiulo A. Greater Surgical Precision of a Flexible Carbon Dioxide Laser Fiber Compared to Monopolar Electrosurgery in Porcine Myometrium. AM J Obstet Gynecol. 2014; 21:1103-1109.
- Ryan et al, J Neurosurg, 2010; 112(2): 434–43
- Bellina JH, Hemmings R, Voros JI, Ross LF. Carbon Dioxide laser and electrosurgical wound study with an animal model: a comparison of tissue damage and healing patterns in peritoneal tissue. AM J Obstet Gynecol. 1984;148:327-334.
- Jacobson et al, Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery (2006) 135, 469–470
- Shires et al, International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology (2009) 73, 67–72